Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Web Server Pro installation error
pkatsoulas
#1 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2011 9:45:20 AM(UTC)
Groups: Member

I had version 2.0.05 installed on my machine. I decided to move to your lates release 2.0.9. I uninstalled 2.0.05 and tried to install 2.0.9 but received the following error:

Failed to register or unregister application due to "System.ApplicationException: Failed to load XML data from "C:\ProgramData\UltiDev\WebServer\UWS.Configuration.xml".Error: Default document name "src\Default.aspx" contains illegal character '\'.---> System.InvalidoperationException: There is an error in XML document (16,58).---> System.Exception: Default document name "src\Default.aspx" contains illegal character '\'.

Help!
Ultidev Team
#2 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2011 11:33:05 AM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Hi there!

Default document is not the same thing as a "start page". Default document is a document in the folder that will be served if URL points to the folder, omitting the document. Therefore, default document cannot be in another folder. Ability to specify default document in another folder was a bug fixed in build 7.

To accomplish what we think you wanted to do, you will need to create a redirect page that will take users to src/Default.aspx, place that redirect page under your application root and make it the default document.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
pkatsoulas
#3 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2011 11:52:11 AM(UTC)

I think that you did not understand my problem. I received the above error message while trying to install UltiDev Pro Web Server 2.0.9. This has nothing to do with my application. I was able to install Pro 2.0.05.
Ultidev Team
#4 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2011 12:01:46 PM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Hi!

Web server application configuration file on your target system, "C:\ProgramData\UltiDev\WebServer\UWS.Configuration.xml", has an entry with a default document value that has become invalid since 2.0.7. We have assumed that the entry was an application you have registered. If you reinstall 2.0.5 and use UWS Explorer to correct the default document setting for the application in question by removing "src\", you should be able to install 2.0.9 after that without a problem.

Please let us know if this information was helpful.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
pkatsoulas
#5 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2011 1:20:38 PM(UTC)

I uninstalled 2.0.05 and then deleted C:\Program Files\UltiDev. Having done this, it seems to me that when installing 2.0.9 I would not run into this problem as you described it since C:\Program Files\UltiDev does not exist.

If I am missing something, I will do what you suggested but I have two issues:

1. I do not have the 2.0.05 setup executable any longer and I can't find it on your web site. Is it available?
2. I amnot sure what you mean by "use UWS Explorer to correct the default document setting for the application in question by removing "src\." Are you saying that I should just remove that entry and leave it blank?

Thanks
Ultidev Team
#6 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2011 3:01:20 PM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Hi!

Since you don't have build 2.0.5, you can do the following:

1. Run Notepad.exe as an administrator
  2. Open "C:\ProgramData\UltiDev\WebServer\UWS.Configuration.xml" file in the notepad.
  3. Search the file for "<DefaultDocument>" entry that starts with "Src\".
  4. Remove "Src\" from the entry or entries and then save the file.
  5. Install 2.0.9

Sorry for the confusion; UWS Explorer is the web site & application management console of the UltiDev Web Server pro. It can be found in the Start menu.

Please let us know if this information has helped.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
pkatsoulas
#7 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2011 4:12:48 PM(UTC)

That solved my problem. Thanks.
Ultidev Team
#8 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2011 7:49:51 PM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Great to hear that! Thank you for using UltiDev products.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed