Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Error 2869 When installing
jstatham
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2012 10:08:38 AM(UTC)
Groups: Member

I am trying to install the WebServer Pro on a Win7 64 bit machine and I am getting Error 2869. Any help will be greatly appericated.

This is what I see in my msi log.

The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2869. The arguments are: ErrorDialog, ,
Error 1001.
=== Logging stopped: 4/11/2012 11:04:28 ===
Ultidev Team
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2012 10:43:33 AM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Hi!

We are sorry for the inconvenience. MSI error 2869 is very generic and does not tell much about the cause.

Could you please let us know which version of UWS you are installing? Also, could you please take a look at the Windows event log and attach it if need be, as described here.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
jstatham
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2012 10:54:25 AM(UTC)

I am trying to installed latest version of Web Server Pro. I just downloaded it. Non of the log files or directories exist. I did pull these from the event viewer. I did at one time have UltiDev Cassini Web Server for ASP.NET 2.0 installed. It looks like there still may be pieces left. How can I manually remove all versions of cassinni?
////////
Cryptographic Services failed while processing the OnIdentity() call in the System Writer Object.

Details:
AddWin32ServiceFiles: Unable to back up image of service UltiDev Cassini Web Server for ASP.NET 2.0 since QueryServiceConfig API failed

System Error:
The system cannot find the file specified.
.////////

Product: UltiDev Web Server Pro -- The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2869. The arguments are: ErrorDialog, ,

////////

The description for Event ID 11001 from source MsiInstaller cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Product: UltiDev Cassini Web Server for ASP.NET 2.0 -- Error 1001.
(NULL)
(NULL)
(NULL)
(NULL)
(NULL)

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table
Ultidev Team
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2012 12:29:42 PM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Hi!

Attached screenshot shows how to clean up Windows Event Log. After event log is clean, please run installation to let it fail, and then please export the event log as EVTX file and attach it to your next post.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.

Ultidev Team attached the following image(s):
Ultidev Team attached the following image(s): Cleaning Windows Event Log.png
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
jstatham
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2012 2:14:30 PM(UTC)

Here you go. I had to rename to cassinieventlog.txt in order for it to upload but just rename to cassinieventlog.evtx
Ultidev Team
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2012 2:35:02 PM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Hi there!

Thank you for supplying the EVTX file. It looks like legacy UltiDev Cassini is installed, and may be the problem is that it fails to get uninstalled. If UltiDev Cassini is indeed installed, could you pleas uninstall UltiDev Cassini first, so the problem could be isolated? If Cassini is uninstalled fine, please try installing UWS.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
jstatham
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2012 2:38:08 PM(UTC)

I already have. Can you tell me how to manually make sure everything is removed.
Ultidev Team
#9 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2012 3:53:47 PM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Hello!

Assuming that UltiDev Cassini remnants are not in the "Programs and Features" list, please check "C:\Program Files (x86)\UltiDev" folder to see if there are any folders that have names starting with "Cassini Web Server".

Please let us know what you have found.

Could you please also attach the screenshot of the failure?

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.

jstatham
#10 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2012 7:31:17 AM(UTC)

There is no C:\Program Files (x86)\UltiDev or C:\Program Files\UltiDev folders. Here is a screen shot and the version I am loaded was download from your website yesterday and the file name is UltiDev Web Server Setup.exe and the version is 4.65. Please let me know what else to do. I have deleted every folder on my machine that contains ultidev as well as the registry.
jstatham attached the following image(s):
jstatham attached the following image(s): cassinierror.JPG
jstatham
#11 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2012 8:43:21 AM(UTC)

I ran a msi log and here are the results.
File Attachment(s):
cassiniLogFile.txt (73kb) downloaded 279 time(s).
Ultidev Team
#12 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2012 12:51:34 PM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Resolved using MSI cleanup utility - remnants of failed Cassini installations were removed.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed