Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Proxy access
wodonnell
#1 Posted : Monday, March 26, 2012 5:47:33 AM(UTC)
Groups: Member

Hello.

Not sure if this is the best place to ask this question or not but I'm sure I'll find out if not...

I have a site which is hosted on my home PC using UWS.
The same site is also hosted "online" by a free hosting service.

Each has it's own domain and both are accessible on the internet - tested both from the same host PC at home and also using a web-enabled mobile phone.

However, when I try to access from work, the proxy server which I connect to claims that my UWS site is unavailable: "There appears to be a problem when connecting to the remote server".

According to downforeveryoneorjustme.com my UWS site is up and running.

The free hosted site is accessible fine via my work proxy and both sites have identical content.

Any thoughts as to why I may be getting this message from the proxy but only on one version of the site? Do I need to change something in UWS? Ultimately, my UWS would be running a service on behalf of my work so we would need to be able to access via the proxy - just not sure why the proxy thinks the site is down.

Cheers

Wayne.
Ultidev Team
#2 Posted : Monday, March 26, 2012 10:14:08 AM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Hello, Wayne.

We are not familiar with the issue. Could you try intercepting traffic between proxy and UWS? If proxy software runs on a system you control, you could install Fiddler on the same box where proxy is. Fiddler is a great tool and very easy to use. IF you don't have access to proxy box, consider installing some TCP tracer utility on the UWS box to see whether proxy even reaches the box, and if it does, how UWS responds.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed