Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Windows 2008 R2 Install bombs and backs out
d2iguy
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 9:34:19 PM(UTC)
Groups: Member

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello all. I am new to UWS/Cassini. Been very impressed so far and have successfully installed on a number of different Windows platforms. However, running into a problem on one particular server. Running Windows 2008 R2 64bit. I start the install as an administrator. It appears to almost complete and throws an Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action _08A00749_0EFA_4BBC_A794_A1B6D3AE88E0, location: C:\Program Files (x86)\UltiDev\Web Server\UWS.Reg.Repair.exe, command: /install. I've successfully installed on another Win 2008R2 server so it seems to be this server in particular. It is completely up-to-date with updates and SPs. I've attached log files. Any thoughts.

Thanks so much and happy holidays to all!
File Attachment(s):
AppRegTrace.txt (3kb) downloaded 227 time(s).
RegRepairTrace.txt (1kb) downloaded 225 time(s).
UWS.Installer.log.txt (3kb) downloaded 219 time(s).
1 user thanked d2iguy for this useful post.
Ultidev Team on 12/2/2011(UTC)
Ultidev Team
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 10:18:01 PM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Hi there!

Thank you for detailed and diligent error information submission. Installation has failed due to some problem with system's COM+ application catalog. We saw this problem before but still don't know what is the nature of the problem.

As we found out, modifications to COM+ application catalog are sometimes disabled by security policies, which is about as destructive as disabling application installation altogether, really, or by bugs, like when systems are migrated using Windows Easy Transfer. Therefore, next release (build 13) of UWS will replace COM+ with Windows services for running components in a different security context.

We have emailed a link to UWS pre-release build 13 to your forum email address so you could test it and let us know if we have succeeded.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 1, 2011 7:47:59 AM(UTC)
Groups:

You are very welcome for the details. Helps all of us get to the bottom of the issue more quickly. We appreciate the explanation of the issue as well. Downloaded and installed the pre-release build 13. Worked like a charm! Thanks so much for the quick attention.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed