Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Calling a specific page NOT the default document...
DevMo
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 20, 2006 5:34:11 PM(UTC)
Groups: Member

I hope this wont't be a stupid question, but how can I call a specific .aspx page within a registered application. Calling the default document, it's fine, your dev guide explains it quite well.

Thanks.
Ultidev Team
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 20, 2006 6:21:52 PM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Hi there!

The question is absolutely legitimate and educating.

Basically the issue is how to programmatically determine the port of your applicaiton after your have registred it, so you could assemble the URL pointing to your specific page. There are two ways of doing that.
One, for .NET applications only, is to use Cassini API implemented in the CassiniConfiguration.dll that can be found in the Cassini application folder. The method is Metabase.FindApplication(Guid appID). It returns ApplicationEntry structure that has Port field in it.

Second way, suitable for any programming language, is to call Cassini configuration web service at http://localhost:7756/CassiniConfigurationService.asmx. It has GetApplicationUrl(Guid appID) and GetApplicationPort(Guid appID) methods, which return the complete application URL, and application port number respectively, for a given application ID.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
DevMo
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 20, 2006 6:56:28 PM(UTC)

Excellent ! Thanks.
DevMo
#4 Posted : Friday, June 23, 2006 12:46:06 PM(UTC)

Could you please fill the ... for me ? How can I set the Guid to my apps Guid ?

Dim mb As CassiniConfiguration.Metabase
Dim ae As CassiniConfiguration.ApplicationEntry
Dim guid As Guid

ae = mb.FindApplication(...)

Questions :
The Guid I have in my application details remain the same once I deploy my installer on another machine ?
Do I have to register my application by actually hardcoding it in my program or does the installer take care of that ?
Ultidev Team
#5 Posted : Friday, June 23, 2006 12:58:52 PM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Hi there!

Yes, you will need to hard-code the application ID for both applicaiton registration, and for FindApplication() call. Hard-coding is safe though, because the same code should be used through all the versions of the same application, basically forever.

You can assing GUID by converting it from string like this (if my VB skills serve):
Code:
Dim appID as New Guid('{51F55B66-C180-4f6a-8CB2-3AE290F3773A}')

Please see Cassini Dev Guide to learn about creatign setup projects that include Cassini and register your application with it as a part of installation process.

Regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
DevMo
#6 Posted : Friday, June 23, 2006 1:06:08 PM(UTC)

Thanks for your great and quick help. It's greatly appreciated. We can't wait for your licensed version here. Until then we will learn your solution well enough to implement it in some of our projects. We beleive in it.
Ultidev Team
#7 Posted : Saturday, June 24, 2006 4:55:20 AM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Thanks, DevMo!

We are very happy you like UltiDev Cassini, and feedback like yours keeps us working like mad to release the final version ASAP. BTW, the final release of Cassini will stay free of charge.

All the best,
UltiDev Team.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed