Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

My web service is not accessible from the Internet
unlogic
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 26, 2011 3:57:47 AM(UTC)
Groups: Member

Greetings,
I know that there were a lot of such issues and most of them were resolved, but I tried every this and that solution and no one worked for me.
So let me describe my situation.
I have a WCF Web Service (created in Visual Studio) and I want to run it on my machine so it can be accessible from the Internet (I need this for debugging).
I installed Utildev Cassini from the website. registered my web service in it and locally (from localhost) it runs OK.
But when I try to access the web service from another machine, I get an error 404 referring to GenericErrorPage.htm (which displays just fine, by the way).

So, this is not the issue of:
- available port/firewall (I can run, for example, Apache web server on that port with no problem)
- errors in web service itself (it runs and is accessible locally)
- user account through which the Cassina Service runs (I desperately assigned LOCAL SERVICE for it, but still no luck).

What am I missing in Utildev Cassina configuration? I've been headbutting the table for three hours now.
Ultidev Team
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 26, 2011 12:03:15 PM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Hi, there.

It truly is a puzzler. As we understand it, you can reach remotely a static HTML page "GenericErrorPage.htm" but not a WCF service? Assuming that's the case, could you please confirm that testing locally means you could reach the SVC URL not only by localhost/127.0.0.1 address, but also using machine name and real IP address from the box itself. If so, please run the irreplaceable Fiddler tracer on both local and remote boxes using real machine name or real IP, point the browser to the same SVC URL and compare the results.

Please let us know what you have found.

Cheers,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed