Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

DNN 4.03 on Cassini 2.0 on XP Pro
LeePJr
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2006 11:15:11 AM(UTC)
Groups: Member

Hello,
I am attempting to get DNN to run on Cassini UltiDev 2.0 located on my XP Pro machine. There are two seperate DNN directories, two seperate and distinct Cassini explorer entries (port and location). The first attempt (first DNN install), I received the folowing error:

DotNetNuke Upgrade Error
The Assembly Version ( [ASSEMBLYVERSION] ) does not match the Database Version ( [DATABASEVERSION] )

ERROR: Could not connect to database.

The stored procedure 'dbo.GetPortalAliasByPortalID' doesn't exist.

Upon trying to run the app again, it ran successfully without showing any of the install scripts as shown in http://www.codeproject.c...ltiDevCassiniWebSrv.asp

Upon attaching and running the second install I came across the same error, but have been unable to pass it.

Please help, I have been unable to get DNN running properly through IIS and Cassini was my fall back position. Which now seems to be unsuccessful as well.

*Edit* Second Web Site Application is running. Upon verifying the application settings I noticed that "Keep page in memory" check box was checked. Upon deselcting said check box and restarting the service, the new (2nd) website started and installed properly (showing scripts running).

Can someone explain why that checkbox causes issues?

Lee

Ultidev Team
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2006 11:58:34 AM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Hi, Lee.

The checkbox keeps the application in memory by sending it an HTTP request every few minutes. After sending the request Cassini aborts it becasue it's not really interested in the response - the request is just a means to prevent the application from being unloaded. DNN, as you know, initializes itself upon the first request, and in the process DNN makes a rather risky assumption that the connection between the DNN application and the client will not be broken until the initialization is complete. If checkbox left checked, then Cassini will launch the DNN and then abort the connection and DNN will stop initializing itself and break the installation. When you leave the box unchecked, the first request to DNN is likely to be from the browser. As long as you don't close the browser while DNN is initializing itself - you are fine. After DNN initialized itself you can safely change DNN app settings in Cassini Explorer and turn on "Keep in memory" checkbox. We'll add comment to CodeProject article to point out the importance of the checkbox.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
LeePJr
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2006 12:15:45 PM(UTC)

I would like to thank all the UltiDev developers for this project. DNN and IIS have been a thorn in my side that I was unable to remove, until today. Earlier today I posted in DNN Install It! forum thread about Cassini UltiDev and it's ease of use. My hopes is that the moderator will accept the post and many more people will learn of this project. Please keep up the excellent work.

Thank you,
Lee

Ultidev Team
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2006 12:40:44 PM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Thank you, Lee! We are very glad you liked our Cassini and we appreciate you posting positive feedback to DNN comunity forum.

We updated the article at CodeProject so that it stresses the importance of keeping the checkbox clear for the first run.

Cheers,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
Jaydeep
#5 Posted : Friday, June 9, 2006 10:22:57 PM(UTC)

Yes, Infact I suggest, that this should be included as one of the Subproject at DNN and the Installer project should install this server and then the DNN. That way, DNN would be more popular, since the Installation would be automatic for even a newbe
Rss Feed  Atom Feed