Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Cassini on a network (problem)
luxgud
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 14, 2006 11:07:00 PM(UTC)
Groups: Member

Hi,

I have used Cassini (UltiDev RC1 1.1) at home and I have found it to be excellent. However, when I tried to instal it on my C at the college where I work, I had an error message relating to registry access being forbidden.l
I have no admin rights and so I can't see any way around the problem - any suggestions please ?

I managed to instal Apache for PHP testing but I really want to move into sp.net development

Many thanks

#2 Posted : Monday, May 15, 2006 2:30:54 AM(UTC)
Groups:

I have subsequently read a similar question posted earlier and I now know the answer: you need admin rights.

At the college, this is not straight forward, unfortunately, it involves testing, paper work etc etc

Is there anything that will run asp.net 2 files, that like Apache, that simply runs without writing to system files

Thank you very much

Ultidev Team
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2006 1:03:13 PM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Hi, there!

Sorry for the delay with the response. You are right: to install UltiDev Cassini you need admin rights. If you need to install it on University's PC, you probably will have to go through school's authorization process, becasue all versions of Cassini require installing peices into Global Assembly Cache (GAC), which requires admin privileges.

Best Regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed