Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Can no longer access Cassini localhost:7756
prec_tommy
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2009 10:44:01 AM(UTC)
Groups: Member

Hi All,

I am in desperate need of some help. I have been using Cassini for ages and have built about 20 .NET sites with no troubles what so ever but now I can not even open up

http://localhost:7756

All I get is:

The connection was refused when attempting to contact localhost:7756

I have checked the Event Viewer and there is nothing in there regarding Cassini.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tom
Ultidev Team
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2009 5:18:42 PM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Hi, Tom.

We'll definitely help you troubleshooting the problem.

There are a couple of things to check:
- First, does UltiDev Cassini service is running. Please open Service window from the Administrative Tools and see if "UltiDev Cassini Web Server for ASP.NET 2.0" service has Started status. Please restarted if it's stopped and then check the Event Viewer to ensure all applications have started.
- Second, please check whether Cassini Server Explorer - the app on port 7756 - is installed. Please open Add/Remove Programs from the Control Panel and check whether "UltiDev Cassini Web Server Explorer" is there. If not, please download UltiDev Cassini again and it will install missing components. If it's there, please restart the Cassini service: Start->Programs->UltiDev->Cassini Web Server->Restart Cassini for ASP.NET 2.0 Service. Check the event log and see if Explorer failed to start.

Please let us know what you have found.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
GavinMannion
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2009 5:31:07 PM(UTC)
Groups: Member

I ran into this exact same problem..

Not sure why but I can't view the site using localhost, if I change it to 127.0.0.1 then it worked fine

Hope this helps someone, oh and thanks for making this awesome web server, you have just saved the day for me
Ultidev Team
#4 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 4:40:40 AM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Hi there!

Thank you for the feedback! We are very happy our little web server helps someone.

Sometimes we get reports that on Vista the "hosts" file (c:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts) gets changed with IPv4 entry removed and only IPv6 entry remaining. This would cause the behavior you describe. Please check your hosts file and see whether it has both entries as described here.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed