Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

ASP.NET Config Tool setup issues
Matt
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2015 12:51:32 PM(UTC)
Groups: Member

Hello, First time post! So I would like to say fantastic work on Web Server Pro Thank you for this tool.

I have a site that I have moved from Visual Studio 2013 to Sharp Develop. This site is based on Forms authentication. I have a custom membership provider that I'm using for this site based on SQLite.

I have configured UltiDev for the site and the site works in your webserver. However when I attempt to add a new user or edit existing users using the ASP.NET Config tool, (ASP.NET Web Site administration tool in VS) I get the following error when going to the security tab

There is a problem with your selected data store. This can be caused by an invalid server name or credentials, or by insufficient permission. It can also be caused by the role manager feature not being enabled. Click the button below to be redirected to a page where you can choose a new data store.

The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: Access to the path 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\2c99c95c\7a5109f0\hash' is denied.

Permissions on folder 2c99c95c are IIS_IUSRS Modify these propagate to 7a5109f0 if the ASP.NET Config tool is using IIS_IUSRS these permissions seem correct.

Matt
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2015 12:56:11 PM(UTC)
Groups: Member

I figured it out! I needed to add permissions of Modify on my windows account. After this it worked and I could see the accounts from my provider database.
Ultidev Team
#3 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2015 9:47:13 AM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Hi, Matt.

Sorry for delayed reply. We are happy you have found a solution, but we are puzzled that it had something to do with the IIS_IUSRS - UWS does not use for its hosting processes. Does your app somehow get IIS_IUSRS identity and uses Windows auth with impersonation?

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
#4 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2015 9:27:25 PM(UTC)
Groups:

No Worries... I should have been more clear. Being new to UWS I was under the assumption that UWS was using IIS_IUSRS so I assumed that because the permissions were correct on that account for the folder in the error message, that UWS should be working.

The solution was to give my windows account ( MyPcName\Matt ) permissions of Modify to the path C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\2c99c95c

IIS_IUSRS permissions were leftover from a iis7 install and had nothing to do with my issue.

Thanks,
-Matt
Ultidev Team
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2015 11:57:07 AM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Thank you much for the clarification.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed