Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Cassini running asp.net 3.5
bigjoe11a
#1 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2008 6:27:02 PM(UTC)
bigjoe11a

Groups: Member

I just downloaded cassini version 2.0.9 for asp.net 3.5. and I just uninstalled it 3 times and it seems to be stuck on just asp.net 2.0. Does any one have an idea about how to install cassini for asp.net 3.5

Thanks
Ultidev Team
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 9:04:59 AM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Hi, Big Joe!

Well, we don't know what exactly is going on, but we will help you troubleshoot the problem. Could you please look at Windows Event Log (Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer -> Application) and let us know if you have any error or warning entries related to UltiDev Cassini installation, or MSI/Installer in general. If there are, please let us know what they are. If you don't have .NET Framework 2.0 installed, you may want to download and install it separately - given that UltiDev Cassini installer seems to get stuck while installing it. This way you may get more information about why .NET 2.0 does not get installed properly. Also, please let us know which OS you are using, XP, Vista, etc., and whether it's a 32 or 64 bit version OS.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
saugata
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2009 9:04:49 PM(UTC)
Groups: Member

I am facing the same problem. I have downloaded UltiDev Cassini Web Server for Visual Studio 2008 (v. 2.0.9).

I've checked the event viewer->application and there is no warning or error entry. I have dot net framework 3.5 installed in my machine. and I am using windows XP professional(x86 SP2).
there was no error during installation , but after running it is not showing the option of asp.net version 3.5.only stuck to 2.0. If I register any asp.net project build in VS2008(dotnetfx3.5) it can not run it.

Please any one help me to solve the issue how can I run asp.net 3.5 ?
Ultidev Team
#4 Posted : Monday, June 1, 2009 6:43:50 AM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Hi there!

Thank you for using UltiDev products.

Our understanding is that you have successfully installed Cassini Web Server, but have trouble running your ASP.NET 3.5 application. If you have registered your application as 2.0 - you did it right. Both 2.0 and 3.5 apps should be registered as 2.0 - just as with IIS.

When you say "it can not run it", what do you observe happening? What's the URL in your browser and how does problem manifest itself?

All the best,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed