Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

problems with VS 2005
luepke
#1 Posted : Monday, March 17, 2008 9:56:24 AM(UTC)
Groups: Member

I have a project running on XP Home and the .NET 2.0 framework with cassini and it works just fine, but when I try to build the project in Visual Studio 2005 I have a problem when adding a reference to an assembly. This assembly is added to the project with a small yellow warning sign and it´s impossible to build the project.

When I installed the same project on a different computer with XP professional with IIS it worked just fine.
I asked Microsoft about this problem and this was there answer.

This is not VS2005 problem you downloaded a project created for Asp.net development into WinXP home which you should know does not come with IIS so yes the SubSonic assembly cannot run.

My question is. Do I have to install XP professional with IIS or can cassini solve this problem for me?
And if so, how?
Ultidev Team
#2 Posted : Monday, March 17, 2008 10:19:19 AM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Hi, there.

Frankly, MS answer is puzzling to us. Yellow exclamation point means that assembly is missing, and this has nothing to do with what web server is being used - IIS or Cassini. If that assembly is supposed to be in the Global Assembly Cache (GAC), then you need to run an installer that will put that assembly in the GAC. If that assembly is local, non-GAC type, then you should be able to re-add to your project from whenever that assembly is located physically. If that's a non-GAC assembly, you may want to set Copy Local property of the assembly to True. We don't know what SubSonic is, but what you have described does not look like web server problem.

Please let us know if this was helpful.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
luepke
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 18, 2008 12:06:22 AM(UTC)
Groups: Member

My assembly was local and it was impossible to set the copy local in the properties window too.
the property resettet it's self to false all the time.
But I think I found an answer to my problem
I forgot to execute the UltiDev Cassini Web Server Runtime Components

cassiniexplorersetup.msi
CassiniServer2Setup.msi

at C:\Program\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\2.0\Bootstrapper\packages\UltiDev Cassini Webserver for ASP.NET 2.0\

When I executed the cassiniexplorersetup.msi and then started VS2005. VS2005 found my assemblies and removed the little yellow warning sign and I could compile the project.

I don't know what really happend, perhaps you know, but it worked for me.

Thanks for using your time to help me.

regards Luepke
Ultidev Team
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 18, 2008 5:30:03 AM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Hi, Luepke.

We are very glad you made it work. If your application requires UltiDev Cassini, consider creating an installation package that will install UltiDev Cassini on the target machine in the process of your application set up.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed