Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

cassani problem configuring WebGuide4
ATK
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2007 7:52:56 AM(UTC)
Groups: Member

I am really lost.
I am using WebGuide4 so that I can watch recorded TV on other machines on my LAN and I always get a Cassini fail during the WebGuide4 configuration. The message is:

"Couldn't stop/restart Cassini service. You can manually do this from the Cassini group in "start" menu."
When I go to start/programs/utildev/cassini webserver/ it shows "(empty)"

I came across the following on the ASP.NET forum which looked appropriate to my problem:

SETUP
1. Download and install the .NET Framework SDK (installs GACUTIL.EXE)
2. From the start menu select 'Start/Control Panel/System/Advanced/Environment Variables', and add a new User Variable called 'PATH' with a value of 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322' (or wherever you've installed the .NET Framework to)
3. Download Cassini Sample Web Server (http://asp.net/Projects/Cassini/Download/download.aspx)
4. Install Cassini, open a command window and navigate to the installation directory (e.g. C:\Cassini)
5. Type 'build.bat'
6. Create directory 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot', share as 'wwwroot$' with permission for network users to change files.

RUNNING CASSINI
1. Start Cassini ('CassiniWebServer.exe')
2. Set Application Directory: C:\inetpub\wwwroot
3. Set Server Port: 80
4. Set Virtual Root: /
and so on

I have followed the instructions down to "4. Set Virtual Root: / without problem. Do I need to go further than that bearing in mind I only want to show recorded TV on my MCE 2005 systems to other computers on my LAN.
I have forwarded the relevant port on my router.
Please help: I have lost many hours on this and I feel confident that your instructions are nearly solving my problem
Ultidev Team
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2007 8:04:47 AM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Hi there.

It seems you have installed original Microsoft Cassini sample web server, while WebGuide4 is shipped along with our UltiDev Cassini Web Server. The best way to find out why our Cassini fails during WG4 configuration, please do this:
1. Run Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Log
2. Select Application in the left panel, then right-click Application item, select Clear All Events and then No in the popped up dialog.
3. Run WebGuide configuration and let it fail.
4. Switch back to the Event Log and do Action | Refresh.
5. If you see errors or warnings log records related to UltiDev Cassini, double-click those items to bring up event details and click copy icon to copy error details to clipboard. Post errors here if there are not too many. If it's more than too, then please contact us by email so we could provide you with email address where to send error information.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed