Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Web Server 2.0 Service keeps dying
kraigh
#1 Posted : Friday, February 16, 2007 7:30:07 AM(UTC)
Groups: Member

When I initially installed Cassini or ASP.NET 2.0, it worked OK, but shortly after that (not sure what triggered it), the service kept dying. The event log says:

"The UltiDev Cassini Web Server for ASP.NET 2.0 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 3 time(s)."

I restart it manually, and it dies after about 5 seconds. I've tried uninstalling, removing everything related (CassiniMetabase.xml file, registry entries, ...), rebooting, reinstalling, etc. and no luck. Now the installation program won't even work (gets exception at the end). It looks like it installed everything, but dies when apparently trying to start the service. I get the same error when trying to start the service manaully now, which is:

"An unhandled exception ('System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception') occurred in UltiDevCassiniWebServer2a.exe [1168].

Running on Windows XP Pro.

Please help!
Ultidev Team
#2 Posted : Friday, February 16, 2007 8:58:31 AM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Kraig,

We can't tell what's happening exactly, but we will try to troubleshoot the issue with your help.

Could you please tell us whether there were applications (other than Cassini Explorer) registered with UltiDev Cassini when it started failing? The reason we ask is because in most cases Cassini failures are caused by faltering applications.

Your best chance to get your system back to the working state is to use System Restore to go to the restore point created before or immediately after you have installed UltiDev Cassini. It's in the Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore.

If Cassini starts failing some time after restoring, please contact us by email so we could get a copy of your event logs before you uninstall Cassini.

Please let us if this has helped you resolve the issue.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed