Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Proxy problems
zerq
#1 Posted : Friday, December 8, 2006 9:35:00 PM(UTC)
Groups: Member

Hello

I am using cassini proxy passed through apache it and that has worked fine up untill i tired to access a webservice..

when i try to add the webrefrance from my cite to my location first i get the pasword dialog (which i had configured in apache so i could secure my webservice) now after that is when the trouble turns up...

I get a dialog called "Discovery Cridential"
it contains a username, password and "domain" field..

now i am not sure what to do with that..

the recerch i have done so far suggests that if it was IIS this could be disable by automaticly ensuring its anonamous users only.

can that be configured in cassini?
Ultidev Team
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 9, 2006 8:01:32 AM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Hi there!

Would it possible to verify that authentication headers that prompt the username/password/domain dialog come from the Cassini, and not from the proxy? The reson we ask is to our knowledge UltiDev Cassini does not add any authentication headers on its own, so in effect it's always configured for anonymous access only. We are not sure what logging capabilities Apache has, but the idea is to intercept requests and responses traveling between first, client and proxy, and then between proxy and Cassini - to see who's adding authentication headers to the response. Also, just in case, is it possible that your web service application itself is adding authentication headers to the response?

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
zerq
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 10, 2006 8:05:28 PM(UTC)
Groups: Member

Rigth now i'm trying to move my webservice over to XSP to see if that works better..

as for the source of the username/password/domain dialog i am a bit unsure..

the "Discovery Credential" dialog diden't yield a lot of info when i searched for it on the internet... on of the only places that mentioned it was in connection with IIS.

so to be honest i am a bit stumped X)
Ultidev Team
#4 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2006 4:47:40 AM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 59 post(s)
If you are using Windows, consider using Fiddler to intercept requests and responses. It works as proxy server and as long as your client can be directed to a proxy, you could trace requests and responses. That would give you pretty clear understanding where authentication challenge header is originated.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed