Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

problem with cassini pro on production server
derrickh13
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2013 10:38:58 AM(UTC)
Groups: Member

INFO:
I have two identical installations of Cassini Pro on two computers, production server and development server. The production server is running Windows Server 2012 with an i5 processor, the development server is running Windows 7 with an i7 processor. I have identical applications registered on both computers. Both have a certificate attached for https browsing. Both are setup as a Default Shared Host Process: ASP.NET 4, 32 bit, Network Service. The applications are both configured to run on the same port on the router so I can switch between the two, using port forwarding, for troubleshooting. I have it set up so there is no network traffic on either computer during troubleshooting.

PROBLEM:
The production installation Default Shared Host Process is running differently from the development installation, it is very unstable at an idle state. While watching the Host Process Information in UltiDev Web Server Explorer, the production server spikes to 99% CPU Usage then drops back to 0% every 10 seconds while the development server is fairly stable (bumping CPU Usage 3% - 6% every few seconds randomly). There are other differences here as well.
Used Memory:
server: 29,000 - 37,000 KB (Fluctuating)staying at 3 while CPU Usage is at 0%
dev: 17,526 KB (Fairly Stable)
Worker Threads:
server: 2 - 4 of 400 (Fluctuating)
dev: 0 (Stable)
Because of this there is a 6% spike in CPU load on the server every 10 seconds.

QUESTION:
What would be causing this spike in CPU Load?
Why would one installation hold stable while the other is very unstable at an idle state?

COMMENTS:
I have tried uninstalling the application and re-installing it on the production server multiple times. When uninstalled I have no CPU fluctuation, once re-installed the fluctuation comes back.
I originally installed Cassini Pro on an older production server and registered the same application to put it into production. The fluctuation caused all kinds of problems on the old server so I decided to upgrade to a new server hoping it would fix the problem. I had been looking into getting a new server anyway so it was a good time to pick one up. Also, I have not been able to run the application on any production server once installed and registered. My development server runs the application just fine but when I change the port forwarding to the production server it won't load any ASPX pages, however it will load html pages. I don't think this fluctuation is causing the application to crash but it is concerning because of the extra CPU load it is putting on the production server and the problems it caused on the old production server.

Thank you for your assistance!
derrickh13
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2013 11:59:36 AM(UTC)
Groups: Member

Well, through fixing the main problem with the application it looks like I fixed this issue as well. The application was missing 3 Microsoft Report Viewer .dll files on the production server causing the application to crash when run. Once I added the 3 .dll files to the bin folder of the application, I was able to browse to the application and do the basic operations. After I tested the application I went back to the production server to see what the Host Process was doing. It is now running as expected so I believe the application was trying to verify the Report Viewer .dll files.

Sorry for the lengthy post but I wasn't sure what was causing the problem.
Ultidev Team
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2013 8:07:18 PM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 59 post(s)
We are glad your were able to troubleshoot the problem!

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
#4 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2018 10:41:57 PM(UTC)
Groups:

Message was deleted by a Moderator.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed