Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Access to webpage from other machine, but how?
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2012 2:22:04 PM(UTC)
Groups:

Hi all!

I'm looking for a way to access my ASP.NET MVC web app from another machine in my local network.

I right click my application in the UWS Explorer and copy the IP and virtual directory into the browser on the other machine (a Mac, fyi). It times out though, saying the webpage is not available (using chrome).

I also tried from an iPhone running Safari on iOS6.

All three devices are on the same wifi.

I'm probably missing something obvious, but I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to networks. Help is greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Wouter A
Ultidev Team
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2012 3:36:00 PM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Hi there!

Do you happen to use software other than Windows own firewall? If so, please configure it to allow inbound traffic for port used by your application.

If that does not help, consider using machine name instead of IP in the URL, or hostname in the "machinename.local" format. For example, if machine name is "Daves_PC", hostname would be "Daves_PC.local".

Having said all this, this issue is not really UWS-specific. It's a general networking issue and you should be able to find the answer on the web even if this reply does not solve the problem.

Please let us know if you were able to resolve the problem.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2012 1:38:47 PM(UTC)
Groups:

Hey, thanks for your reply.

I can't get it to work, whatever I do. Even if I completely disable my firewall. I'm on Windows8.

Regards,
Wouter A
Ultidev Team
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2012 4:28:47 PM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Hi, Wouter!

Can you access the application from the host machine itself using IP address other than 127.0.0.1 and/or hostname other than localhost?

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed