Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Help with getting Cassini web server to work with Visual Studio.NET 2003
bullet
#1 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2006 3:54:33 AM(UTC)
Groups: Member

Hi

I have windows XP home edition with service pack 2 and I just installed Visual Studio.NET 2003 on my machine as well the Cassini web server. I tried to register the product and it said it was unable to do this. How do I get Visual Studio C# web application to use Cassini web server? I tried following those instructions about adding a redistributable file but got stuck with this. If this cannot be done is it not possible to use the basic cassini web server first created by Microsoft?

neil
Ultidev Team
#2 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2006 7:03:10 AM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Neil,

For an ASP.NET application to run on Cassini, the application needs to be registered with UltiDev Cassini web server first. You can register the application either programmatically, or using Cassini Explorer - an ASP.NET application management console. Once you've built your application with Visual Studio, you should start by registering the application with UltiDev Cassini using Cassini Explorer. Run it from Start | Programs | UltiDev | Cassini ASP.NET Server | Cassini Explorer. If you're unable to register your application using Cassini Explorer, please send us detailed list of steps you attempt, and error message that you receive. After you regstered the application with UltiDev Cassini, you can test whether your application can run under Cassini. Once you made sure it can, you continue by figuring out how to register the application programmatically.

Regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
bullet
#3 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2006 2:03:02 PM(UTC)
Groups: Member

Hi

I have tried to open the link through Programs, cassini ASP.NET server, Cassini Explorer it does not open. Instead it comes up with the my search web page below:

http://kd.mysearch.myway...p;PG=SEAS&SEC=ABONE

It seems to manage to open the cassini explorer localstart.htm for a split second and then automatically diverts me to the link above. One other thing I forgot to mention in the post is I cannot create web application in when attempting to create a new project it won't let me to do this as Visual Studio.NET 2003 has detected there is no IIS installed on my PC so it does not allow me to install web server component part on the installation disk. I can create a windows application but that is not what I want to do.
Ultidev Team
#4 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2006 5:38:44 PM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Neil,
try to restart or reinstall UltiDev Cassini and then register your application using Cassini Explorer. Regarding VisualStudio 2003, it does require IIS. But VS 2005 does not. We would suggest using UltiDev Cassini only if you plan to deploy your application along with Cassini.

Regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed