Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Installation Issue.
wilkesda11
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 15, 2006 4:29:11 PM(UTC)
Groups: Member

Having a problem installing the most current release for ASP.NET 2.0. I am running XP Pro. I do not have IIS installed. I tried the install without VWD installed. Gave error: UltiDev application starter for installer utility has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. I tried installing VWD and SQL Server Express. I received the same error. I tried downloading the file again and tried the installation. I received the same error.

The following was in Event Viewer:

The description for Event ID ( 11001 ) in Source ( MsiInstaller ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Product: UltiDev Cassini Web Server Explorer -- Error 1001. Cassini Explorer Ex:
System.Exception: Cannon assign port 7756 to application "UltiDev Cassini Web Server Explorer". Port is already in use.
at CassiniConfiguration.Metabase.RegisterApplication(ApplicationEntry appEntry, Boolean autoSave)
at CassiniExplorer.Installer.RegisterCassiniConfigApp()
at CassiniExplorer.Installer.Install(IDictionary stateSaver) --> Cannon assign port 7756 to application "UltiDev Cassini Web Server Explorer".

Product: UltiDev Cassini Web Server Explorer -- Installation failed.

** EDITED BY MODERATOR to avoid irrelevan mistaken search engine hits. **
Ultidev Team
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 15, 2006 5:41:53 PM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Hi there!

Could you please check which process already has TCP port 7756 taken? CurrPorts utility is easy to use to determine port owner.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
wilkesda11
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2006 2:02:53 PM(UTC)

There is nothing using that port. I do have Microsoft Firewall running, but that shouldn't be a problem. I tried turning off my Anti-Virus program and other Firewall.
Ultidev Team
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2006 3:31:00 PM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Hmm... We can't say for sure what that could be. Could you please take a look at the CassiniMetabase.xml file located in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\UltiDev\Cassini" folder and see if there are two different applications registered for port 7756?

Regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
wilkesda11
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2006 4:44:44 PM(UTC)

There is no files in that folder. I tried turning off Windows Firewall as well with no success.

This is the report for the setup file from CurrPorts.

Process Name Process ID Protocol Local Port Local Port Name Local Address Remote Port Remote Port Name Remote Address Remote Host Name State Process Path Product Name File Description File Version Company Process Created On User Name Process Services Process Attributes
Setup.exe 3772 UDP 2067 127.0.0.1 C:\DOCUME~1\DAVIDW~1.DAV\LOCALS~1\Temp\RarSFX0\Setup.exe Setup 8.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200) 10/17/2006 9:40:19 PM DAVIDDELL\David Wilkes A

This is the entire report.
EDITED BY MODERATOR
Ultidev Team
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2006 4:52:50 PM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

David,

Assuming you are running Windows XP or 2003, missing CassiniMetabase.xml means that UltiDev Cassini Explorer has never got installed correctly. Please uninstall UltiDev Cassini Explorer if it's installed (you can find it in the Control Panel -> Add/Remove Applications), and then start installing UltiDev Cassini again. After Cassini installed its prerequisites (Cassini Explorer and Cassini Server), please check if CassiniMetabase.xml file has been created. If not check Event Log for installation errors.

Regards,
UltiDev Team.
wilkesda11
#7 Posted : Saturday, October 21, 2006 5:43:03 AM(UTC)

It is not in Add Remove Programs. I have the UltiDev Folder in Program Files, but I do not have it under the installed programs.
Ultidev Team
#8 Posted : Saturday, October 21, 2006 6:30:42 AM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

David,

we are sorry to say that we can't tell what' going on. If anyone else reports the same problem and we get steps to reproduce and fix it, we'll let you know.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed