Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Failure during install
wphilli8
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2013 12:24:34 PM(UTC)
Groups: Member

Hello, I am evaluating a software package called Kiwi Syslog and during the install of this software it requires UltiDev. When I try to install UltiDev Web Server Pro I get the following errors:

The description for Even ID 11001 from source MsiInstaller cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

the following information was included with the event:

Product: UltiDev Web Server Pro -- Error 1001. Error 1001. An exception occurred during the Commit phase of the installation. This exceoption will be ignored and installation will continue. However, the application might not function correctly after installation is complete. --> Cannot start service UltiDev web Server Pro on computer'.'.--> the service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.
(NULL)
(NULL)
(NULL)
(NULL)
(NULL)

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

I also get this error:
Failed at Commut custom MSI action when installing Monitoring service.

Exception:
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

After this the installation fails, it rolls back and then pops up a box and prompts me to close the installation wizard.
I am running a Server 2008 R2 Enterprise box with 12Gb of ram and 2 300Gb velociraptor hard drives with a raid 0 and duel Intel Core i7 2640M 2.80GHz processors
Ultidev Team
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2013 9:21:55 PM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Hi there!

Unfortunately, this issue is not one of the known, and to troubleshoot we'd need more data. The event log entry unfortunately is not enough to attempt to reproduce. Please try installing UWS on a similar system, if possible.

Sorry we don't have a better answer.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
#3 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2014 10:51:11 AM(UTC)
Groups:

Message was deleted by a Moderator.
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2014 1:42:11 PM(UTC)
Groups:

#5 Posted : Saturday, November 1, 2014 2:18:55 AM(UTC)
Groups:

#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 31, 2014 2:37:07 PM(UTC)
Groups:

#7 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2015 3:26:10 PM(UTC)
Groups:

Rss Feed  Atom Feed