Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Cassini Web Server explorer not installing on Windows 7
malcolmcooper
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 6, 2010 6:50:08 AM(UTC)
Groups: Member

Is there any known reason why the web server explorer is not installing on a Windows 7? I tried it on a completely fresh Windows 7 install and it appears to work fine. But on a machine with other apps already loaded the only thing that appears to not load is the explorer. Could there be an issue if port 7756 is being using by another application? I don't have full access to the machine, so I am trying to compile a list of items to check.

Thanks,
Ultidev Team
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 6, 2010 9:27:11 AM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Hi there!

There are no known issues with Cassini Explorer installation on Windows 7. It's possible that Explorer got installed but 7756 is used. You can run "netstat -na | more" command to see which ports are taken, but it's only useful if you are sure that Cassini Explorer did not get installed. If you know it didn't get installed, please check Event Viewer (Application) - it is likely to have an error entry with information on installation failure(s). Unfortunately, you will need to have access to the machine in order to troubleshoot the issue.

Please let us know whether this information was helpful.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 31, 2012 9:16:58 AM(UTC)
Groups:

Im still having problems I dont see that the port is being used but it is still failing.
Ultidev Team
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 31, 2012 10:42:29 AM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Hi there!

Please consider using UltiDev Web Server Pro - our next generation free redistributable web server. It does not need 7756 to be open.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed