Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Cassini uninstallation failure prevents UWS from being installed.
jhurley
#1 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2011 11:45:33 AM(UTC)
Groups: Member

I am having issues with upgrading from Cassini 2.0 to the New Web Server Pro. The original Cassini 2.0 is not uninstalling correctly and then the New Web Server Pro does not install. It gets to a point where I have to use a 3rd party tools to get rid of the Cassini 2.0.

Are there any know issues uninstalling Cassini 2.0? This is with Windows7 OS.

Thanks.
Ultidev Team
#2 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2011 4:46:15 PM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Hi there!

Unfortunately we are not aware of any specific Cassini uninstallation issued. Could you please cleanup Windows Event Log (Application), run Cassini uninstallation so it would fail, and then export & email us Windows Event Log (Application) as EVTX file for analysis? Is it a problem that occurs on more than one system?

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
Ultidev Team
#3 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2011 10:50:42 AM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

To restate and track the problem.

UWS build 12 on NT 5.2.3790 Service Pack 2:

Code:

Registering low-privilege API COM+ package...COM+ Registration Error: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))
at COMAdmin.COMAdminCatalogClass.GetCollection(String bstrCollName)
at UWS.Framework.ComPlusHelper.GetApplication(String appIDorName)
at UWS.Framework.ComPlusInstallHelper.UninstallComPlusAssembly(Assembly servicedComponentAssembly)

Quote:

A method call to an object in a COM+ application was rejected because the caller is not properly authorized to make this call. The COM+ application is configured to use Application and Component level access checks, and enforcement of these checks is currently enabled. The remainder of this message provides information about the component method that the caller attempted to invoke and the identity of the caller.Svc/Lvl/Imp = 10/6/2, Identity = NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
Ultidev Team
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2011 1:18:31 PM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

It appears that Windows Easy Transfer locks up COM+ application catalog. Other COM+ applications suffer from this. If you used Windows Easy Transfer (EWT), please try following solution we found here:
Quote:
The solution to restore the broken MSDTC/COM+ that worked for me was to use Easy File Transfer tool again?! (though I kind of promissed myself not to use it again :) ) to export the settings from a healthy Win 7 x64 system and import them on my broken system.

I only selected for migration the Shared Items -> Windows Settings from another (healthy) Win 7 x64 system, and after restart everything was working again as expected.

We are likely to get rid of reliance on COM+ in the next version. COM+ is currently the only consistent source of UWS installation failures.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed