Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Windows Server 2003 SP2 problem
neptunesystems
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2011 3:24:38 AM(UTC)
Groups: Member

Hi,

I've used the instructions here (http://ultidev.com/Forums/yaf_postsm2804_Creating-Installer-project-bundling-UltiDev-Web-Server-Pro-using-Visual-Studio.aspx#post2804) to create an installer for my ASP.NET app with UltiDev bundled.
My prereqs are: .NET Framework 4 Client Profile, SQL Server CE 3.5 SP2, Windows Installer 3.1, and latest UltiDev Web Server Pro.

The MSI file I built ran perfect on the development machine. However when testing on a Windows Server 2003 machine that didn't have UltiDev or some other prerequisites, I get the following error:
Reg.Repair: [8/31/2011 4:15:56 AM] Error
Registering Configuration API as COM typelib...Done.
Registering low-privilege API COM+ package...COM+ Registration Error: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80070422): The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070422)
at COMAdmin.COMAdminCatalogClass.GetCollection(String bstrCollName)
at UWS.Framework.ComPlusHelper.GetApps()
at UWS.Framework.ComPlusHelper.GetApplication(String appIDorName, COMAdminCatalogCollection& apps)
at UWS.Framework.ComPlusHelper.GetApplication(String appIDorName)
at UWS.Framework.ComPlusInstallHelper.UninstallComPlusAssembly(Assembly servicedComponentAssembly)
at UWS.Framework.ComPlusInstallHelper.ReinstallComPlusAssembly(Assembly servicesComponentAssembly, Nullable`1 processIdentity)
at UWS.Reg.Repair.Program.Main(String[] args)

Then it rolls back and UltiDev disappears, and then my installation fails cause it can't do the Starter.exe register action.

Any idea why?

Best,
Neptune
Ultidev Team
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2011 11:00:37 AM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Hi there!

It's not a problem we are familiar with but we'll do our best to help troubleshooting it. We tested the product on Win 2003 Server, but didn't have this issue. Would it be possible for your to test it on some other box to find out whether this issue system-specific? The reason we ask is because failing COMAdminCatalogClass.GetCollection("Applications") call is a very basic function asking system to provide a list of installed COM+ applications. Its failing might mean that something is wrong with the system.

To help us troubleshoot, we'd like to get the logs and also, if possible, to get screenshots of the Component Services before installing UWS and after the error screen is displayed (and before it rolled back). Please see examples of screenshots we are looking for, attached to this post.

If you have trouble seeing or adding attachments, please contact us via email.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Ultidev Team attached the following image(s):
Ultidev Team attached the following image(s): ComPlusMgreWithUwsComponents.png
Ultidev Team attached the following image(s): LocalServiceswithUwsComponents.png
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
neptunesystems2
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 11, 2012 8:25:00 PM(UTC)
Groups: Member

Sorry, I don't have this machine anymore. Thanks for your response.

- Neptune
Ultidev Team
#5 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 9:34:02 AM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Hi there!

Since then UWS was changed to avoid using COM+. Those APIs are now hosted by regular Windows services.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 1:35:49 PM(UTC)
Groups:

Message was deleted by a Moderator.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed