Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Command line registration of application bug
MaxWild
#1 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2008 6:52:43 AM(UTC)
Groups: Member

Hi

I've just been integrating Cassini into our installer and calling UltiDevCassinWebServer2.exe /register etc etc.

I've noticed that if you try and include a port number but don't include a 6th parameter (e.g. /DontKeepRunning) then the registration fails with an IndexOutOfRangeException in GetRegisterParameters. I've had a cheeky look using Reflector, and there is a bug in that function which checks if there are 5 parameters on the command line, and if there are, attempts to read the 6th parameter - hence the error.

Workaround: Include 6 parameters on the command line! Sounds obvious but only when you know what the bug is!

Thanks for a great server!

Adam
Ultidev Team
#2 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2008 7:08:03 AM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Hello, Max!

Thank you much for the reporting the issue and going as far as using Reflector to find out what's wrong - it's not common, and we really appreciate such amount of effort from a member of the community. We are aware of this particular problem and published the workaround in the Bugs section on this forum: http://ultidev.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=224. We will fix the problem in the next release of the UltiDev Cassini Web Server.

Thank you again,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 8, 2016 2:56:35 AM(UTC)
Groups:

Message was deleted by a Moderator.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed