Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

unable to start config tool
Matt
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2016 2:42:09 AM(UTC)
Groups: Member

Hello,

I'm getting this error when trying to start the ASP.NET Config tool... "Unable to start UWS Interactive Host with ASP.NET Site Management Tool, or launch a browser."

Any ideas on why this is not working?

Thanks!
Matt attached the following image(s):
Matt attached the following image(s): unable-to-start.jpg
Ultidev Team
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2016 8:37:43 AM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Hi,

We are not sure what's going on, but will try to help you find out.

Are you trying to run ASP.NET Config app for a ASP.NET 2 (3.x) or ASP.NET 4.x app? x86 or x64?
In either case, please see whether asp.netwebadminfiles folder is present in for your combination of ASP.NET framework, and bitness. For example, for x64 ASP.NET 4, you'd need to make sure "C:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\asp.netwebadminfiles" exists and not empty.

Please let us know what you have found.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
Matt
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2016 10:38:42 PM(UTC)

My Projects configuration is currently Debug | Any CPU for .net 4.x

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\asp.netclientfiles exists but its empty
Ultidev Team
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2016 9:10:50 AM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Hi,

The empty folder may explain the problem if you are running your as 32-bit. Please take a look whether the host process of your web application is 32 bit or 64. Please refer to the attached screenshot.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Ultidev Team attached the following image(s):
Ultidev Team attached the following image(s): UWS host process properies - bitness.png
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
Matt
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2016 10:49:53 PM(UTC)

Hello,
My bitness is 32bit, also when the interactive User interface starts it reports 32 bit.

In a troubleshooting effort I did a repair install of .net 4.0. Now when I run the ASP.NET Config tool it asks for a password.
Matt
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2016 10:56:51 PM(UTC)

If I submit with out a login ( I have no idea what the pass would be anyway ) I get this

Server Error in '/asp.netwebadminfiles' Application.
Could not load file or assembly 'System.ServiceModel.Internals, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.ServiceModel.Internals, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.

Source Error:
An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'System.ServiceModel.Internals, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Stack Trace:

[FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.ServiceModel.Internals, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.]
System.ServiceModel.Activation.HttpModule.ProcessRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +156
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +70
Matt
#7 Posted : Friday, April 1, 2016 12:51:24 AM(UTC)

I updated to .net 4.6.1 and have the same issue. It's asking for a password... If I set the Authentication Type to Anonymous I get the following:

Server Error in '/asp.netwebadminfiles' Application.

Access is denied.
Description: An error occurred while accessing the resources required to serve this request. The server may not be configured for access to the requested URL.

Error message 401.2.: Unauthorized: Logon failed due to server configuration. Verify that you have permission to view this directory or page based on the credentials you supplied and the authentication methods enabled on the Web server. Contact the Web server's administrator for additional assistance.

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.6.1055.0
Ultidev Team
#8 Posted : Friday, April 1, 2016 9:36:07 AM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Could you please do following steps and let us know about whether the result was success:

- Using "UltiDev Web App Explorer", register a new web application with
- 32-bit bitness, .NET 4.x, Physical path of the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\UltiDev\Web Server\Redirector", default document as Default.aspx, and anonymous authentication.
- Test it to make sure it runs. If so, you should see a page looking like the attached screenshot.
- Then select the newly-registered application in the UWS Explorer and hit the "ASP.NET Config Tool" button. Let us know whether this test causes same problems as yours.

Also, could you please clarify whether you are running your main application (not the Config Tool) under "UWS.InteractiveServer.xxx.exe", or you register it with UWS Explorer to have UWS service host it?

BTW, the UWS test page, at http://localhost:7756/, is quite helpful in providing resources to help with authentication problems.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Ultidev Team attached the following image(s):
Ultidev Team attached the following image(s): UWS Redirector running.png
Matt
#9 Posted : Saturday, April 2, 2016 2:07:44 AM(UTC)

Thanks,
I followed your instructions and registered a new site C:\Program Files\UltiDev\Web Server\Redirector The site loads and I can see the "Self Check Report" However when I try to run the "ASP.NET Config Tool" I get prompted for credentials. If I try to sumbit with out credentials I get the following error:

Could not load file or assembly 'System.ServiceModel.Internals, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.

I'm registering the application with UWS Explorer.
Matt
#10 Posted : Sunday, April 3, 2016 1:27:34 AM(UTC)

I dont know if this will help but I have windows 7 home edition and I'm using sharpdevelop.
Ultidev Team
#11 Posted : Wednesday, April 6, 2016 9:23:54 AM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Matt,

We are sorry but we can't reproduce this problem an not sure what it's caused by. It's likely not related to UWS and if you google the symptoms in general, as related to ASP.NET rather than UWS, you may have better result that way.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
#12 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2016 8:17:52 AM(UTC)
Groups:

Message was deleted by a Moderator.
#13 Posted : Sunday, May 29, 2016 2:40:03 AM(UTC)
Groups:

#14 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2016 1:52:12 AM(UTC)
Groups:

Rss Feed  Atom Feed