Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

405 Error because POST is not allowed.
SteveY
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 15, 2016 1:55:05 PM(UTC)
Groups: Member

I have a .Net 4.0 service and cannot make calls on it - they always return with a 405 error (Method not allowed).

Attached is a zip with the service and calling app, and event log entry (i cleared the log and ran my test and it only created one entry). This works properly in VS 2015 as long as the ulracl is set properly, and does not appear to be a security issue. I have tried everything I can think of, and the log/trace files in the install directory do not have any useful information.

The attached test app does not have a default page, but that does not matter - i get the same error in my calling code, its just that attempting to browse to it gives me a 404 when there is no default page.

The client code is just

Service1Client sr=new Service1Client();
string s=sr.GetData(456);
sr.Close();

When I make this call, the event entry gets a warning (in the zip) that says
Exception information:
Exception type: HttpException
Exception message: The HTTP verb POST used to access path '/Service1/' is not allowed.
at System.Web.DefaultHttpHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

I attached a 'fail', which is what I get when hosted by UltiDev, and a succeed, which is what I get when I run this and let VS launch the server.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
File Attachment(s):
WCFServiceTest.zip (85kb) downloaded 131 time(s).
EventLog.zip (5kb) downloaded 109 time(s).
SteveY attached the following image(s):
SteveY attached the following image(s): Fail.png
SteveY attached the following image(s): Succeed.png
Ultidev Team
#2 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2016 8:45:19 AM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Hi,

We were able to reproduce the problem (thanks for attaching the project), and we'll post back in a couple of days after we have a chance to trace through the UWS and see what we can do.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed