Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Install problem on VISTA
vineet.rawat
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 5, 2007 12:47:48 PM(UTC)
Groups: Member

Hi

I am receiving following error on my machine while installation

Ultidev casiini web server for ASP .NET 2.0 was installed successfully . Installation of Ultidev cassini integration component for MS visual studio 2005 was skipped because VS 2005 was not found in its regular location on the system. Please press yes button to launch Uttidev casiini web server application management.

While the same did not show any issue on another Vista machine. Am i doing anything wrong here. Please advise I need some urgent issues to handle.

Thanks in Advance
Ultidev Team
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 5, 2007 5:11:37 PM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Hi,

This is not an error - it is simply a message telling that Cassini components for Visual Studio development were not installed because Visual Studio was not found. This means that either Visual Studio is not installed on the target system, or Visual Studio is installed in a non-default folder, in which case please use the workaround described here.

When you install UltiDev Cassini Web Server on non-developer's systems, you are going to receive that message, and that is not an indication of a problem.

Please let us know if this has helped.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
vineet.rawat
#3 Posted : Monday, August 6, 2007 10:02:10 AM(UTC)
Groups: Member

Hi
I donot have devenv.exe since i am using experss versions. I have instead used a test file and then renamed it to the one which is required. Though this time i did not see the error but the program was not listed in the programs list. Please advise what should i do further.

vineet
Ultidev Team
#4 Posted : Monday, August 6, 2007 4:23:41 PM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Vineet,

We are not familiar with Express editions, but we were under impression that Express does not allow solutions with multiple projects. If what we heard is correct then your solution can't have both ASP.NET and setup projects, which in turn means there is no point in installing UltiDev Cassini Visual Studio development component. We will appreciate if you clear up Express issues for us.

When you say "the program was not listed in the programs list", are you talking about UltiDev Cassini component that integrates with the Visual Studio, not being listed in Vista's "Programs and Features" list, or you are talking about Visual Studio's setup project prerequisite dialog?

Do you have any items in the "Programs and Features" starting with UltiDev Cassini? For runtime environments you should have at least two: "UltiDev Cassini Web Server for ASP.NET", and "UltiDev Cassini Web Server Explorer". If you have just one on none at all, uninstall whatever "UltiDev Cassini..." applications are still installed, clean up Windows Event Log (Application) and install the product again. If you see less than two "UltiDev Cassini" products installed, check the Event Log to see if there are any errors related UltiDev Cassini installation. On boxes that have Visual Studio, you should also see "UltiDev Cassini Web Server for Visual Studio 2005 Developers".

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed