Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

API .NET library
serializer
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 26, 2014 4:49:09 AM(UTC)
Groups: Member

Hi,

I am not sure if this products or will fit my needs but I think a lot of users would be interested in this functionality;

In the age of mobile "apps" many companies decide whether they are going to create separate applications for iOS, Windows Phone and Android or create web apps. In my situation I have a .NET Windows service application which I need a remote interface for, preferably a web interface. My idea was that if I could find a webb server that I could integrate into my application I would be able to serve and create dynamic pages for my application (which normally use a thick Windows Forms Client).

Is this possible with this tool? Do you have any plans for supporting this?
Ultidev Team
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 26, 2014 8:37:56 AM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Hi there!

If we got your use case correctly, you are looking for a web server component that is a library/API that you could load to into your windows service process and serve pages from there. If that's the case, UWS won't fit the bill. UWS is always its own process - either a service or an interactive application. Old Microsoft Cassini examples are actually libraries that can be loaded in-process and could be useful for your purposes.

The downside to this approach is that faltering web application running in the same process as your service, may take down your entire service if web app fails. To prevent it from happening you may want to have a .Net Remoting interface in your services, so then external applications, like a web app, could run in outside process (in UWS, for example or Windows program) and could talk to it, w/o jeopardizing main service's uptime.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 28, 2018 1:41:29 AM(UTC)
Groups:

Message was deleted by a Moderator.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed