Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Restart app after crash
sevtech
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 6, 2014 4:32:41 AM(UTC)
Groups: Member

Hi,

I have multiple applications running under one process. I have an issue where one application has crashed (shows red in Web Server Explorer). The process and the other apps are still running fine. How do I restart this crashed app?

Thank you.

Ultidev Team
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 6, 2014 9:41:17 AM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Hi,

It's not possible right now to restart an individual app, as UWS is supposed to detect dead apps and restart them. We are very much interested in helping troubleshooting this problem.

First we'd like to ask you to confirm that crashed application does not get restarted automatically after 2 minutes of downtime. If that's the case, we would like to ask you to try a couple of things:
- Run the offending application under UWS Interactive Host and have it crash. After that We'd like you to copy & paste UWS Interactive Host's trace screen and send it to us.
- If possible, clean Windows Event Log, run the bad app under regular UWS service, have it crash, and the export Windows Event Log as EVTX file to us.

This may help us find a workaround, or fix a bug.

You may either attach the files to your response post, or for improved privacy, you may send us an email using Contact link and we will reply with the email address to which you could forward the files privately.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
sevtech
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 6, 2014 9:49:23 AM(UTC)
Groups: Member

I've come up with a workaround for it - move the crashed app to a new process, upon which it restarts automatically, and then move it back to the original process.
Ultidev Team
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 6, 2014 10:55:05 AM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Understood. Please feel free to send the files we've mentioned if would like us to look at the root cause of the problem.

Also, you may restart the entire host process from the UWS Explorer UI. It may also be a good idea to place offending app into a private host, so that restarting the host wouldn't disrupt other apps.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
#5 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2018 8:07:07 PM(UTC)
Groups:

Message was deleted by a Moderator.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed