Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Help with VS 2012 site debug
Automate
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2014 12:13:21 PM(UTC)
Groups: Member

I have Web Server Pro running a site without problems in both Server mode and Interactive but I'm not able to debug a page using VS 2012.

I've used the VS Web Server Replace & Restore utility to use the UWS.Interactive Host but I can't seem to attach to the server for debug.

I've tried to configure the VS project like the last image in this post http://ultidev.com/Forum...-from-command-line.aspx
but my options look a little different. Maybe the screen shot is from an earlier version of VS or does it matter if the VS project is a "Web Application" or a "Web Site"?

When I click on the start debug button the interactive server starts and I can browse the web site but break points don't work and I don't seem to be attached since the stop and pause buttons are grayed out.

Thanks for the help

Ultidev Team
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2014 9:20:00 PM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Hi there!

We've just double-checked, and confirmed that VS replacer utility works well with VS 2012. 2013 only works with IIS Express, but 2012 is alright with UWS. Maybe you could attach a screenshot of your VS project's Web tab so we could see the problem?

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
Automate
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 20, 2014 11:31:23 AM(UTC)
Groups: Member

OK, I'll post screen shots.

Was just thinking, the computer has VS 2010, 2012 and 2013 all installed. Could the Replacer utility be finding the 2010 copy and stopping there and not also replacing the VS 2012?

#4 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2018 8:05:14 PM(UTC)
Groups:

Message was deleted by a Moderator.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed